Meet the Teacher & Open House

August 21, 2016

Back to school season is literally flying by! Last week was so busy I ran out of time to take pictures of all the fun things we were doing.

Since I kept a lot of what I was doing the same as last year, I thought I would share that post...


First Up...


As I greet the parents at the door, they come in and find a file folder that has their child's name on in it. 

*I write the fill in the child's first & last name and then my name for my class.  I left the editable example here.

While the parents are waiting for everyone to make it to the classroom, they begin filling out the information within the file folder (it has the student's first & last name). 




Once everyone has entered the classroom, I get their attention and share with the parents about myself (experience, etc), about our daily classroom routine, more specifics about homework, highlight what the papers are in the file folder, etc.



Before I start speaking, I mention to the parents about the various sign up sheets that we have (volunteers, All About Me presentations, etc).  I then pass those sign ups around while I speak.  I have noticed that when I end by having parents visit different sign up stations, people tend to get caught up in other stuff & forget to sign up! 

At the end, I mention a class wish list as another way to support out class. 








Next...



This is literally my FAVORITE day before school "officially" starts.  I always have the same sentiment as I did during sorority recruitment of the moments right before opening the doors and excitedly shouting "WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!!!!" 

During this morning, I greet the students at the door and hand them a checklist of fun things to do with their guardian during this time.


For the bedtime reading, I hand them a letter about myself with letters from my previous Firsties about what First Grade is like stapled behind. They absolutely LOVE it!

You can get all my Meet The Teacher materials here and my freebie letter template here.



0 comments