A Classroom In The Making

August 16, 2017

It's that time of year again!! Back to School! 

I've been up at school for about 2 weeks now. It's so nice to actually get in the classroom before our work week actually starts so that I can spend that time re-moving into my classroom & organizing it/focus on the aesthetics. 

I like to spend a week to set up my classroom & work on a new project. It's too much to do everything all at once & I like to spend each year adding something new to my classroom. 

Honestly, the first 3 years, I didn't have too much energy to devote to the creative side of how my classroom should look. I was just focused on the logistical aspect and making sure I had amazing lessons/activities to do with my students...because after all, it is about what they are doing all day, not how pretty/cute their classroom actually looks.

My first 2 years, I changed the layout of my classroom a TON. It got to the point where a student finally asked "why do you keep moving things around?" Making sure that the space was used in the most purposeful way was {and still is} so important to me! 

The main decorative things that have remained basically same since are...

This sign on my classroom door! I made it my 1st year & absolutely LOVE it!! First, I put each students name on each crayon. Now I think it's way cuter {& easier to maintain ;)} to simply have blank crayons.

This back carpet area. 


My small group area and my teacher materials.

My calendar. 
I used to use the calendar pieces that came with the calendar set I bought. I wanted to make my calendar time more purposeful though so I made my own calendar pieces



Last year, my project was painting the walls blue - which I am obsessed with. 

I went to Michaels and picked out different scrapbook paper & made a template to create the pennant. I hot glued the pieces to the curling ribbon. I absolutely love it!! 

I also made the headings for each of my subject areas. Under these headings, I put anchor charts. 

AND 
adding a cute nook for students to work at. 

AND

redo-ing my classroom library...which is still a work in progress... I'm working on getting all the correctly colored bins and making sure everything is labeled.

THIS year, I updated my hallway bulletin board...and I am OBSESSED!  
I just LOVE it!

A big thank you to The Happy Teacher's Palette & Jennifer at The Craft Patch for the tutorials & templates for these flowers!! They are absolutely perfect!! And I am so appreciative to one of my co-workers for the grass idea, I think it just really tops it off!

Here's to a great year!! 



0 comments