Making Reading Come Alive!

October 29, 2017

It's the Roll Away Pumpkin! 

After reading this book, I told the students that I noticed a pumpkin note sitting on my desk and I was thinking that maybe the Roll-Away pumpkin was rolling through our school! They were so excited to go hunt for the pumpkin! 





The hunt led us back to our classroom where I we found some fun science experiment materials!  

The students were so excited and loved using these materials to make a volcanic pumpkin! 

The next day, we re-read the story. I reminded the students about how great it is to re-read stories because each time we read it, we notice new things. This time, the students noticed that this story is similar to the gingerbread man story. 

After reading, we incorporated brought the story to life by using STEAM and creating pumpkin mazes.  

They had so much fun creating these mazes and were so proud with how they turned out! I could barely get them to stop playing the mazes as they walked out of school that day - they were obsessed!



0 comments